~由于时间紧逼, 华语版会于下次起笔~
~如有不便之处, 请多多包涵~
For the past few weeks, it may the busiest for me. Not only for my application to be a tourist guide, but also the worries and things needed to be done for my brother's tertiary education. From dealing with TARC's administration and bursary to waiting result of the appeal for Matriculation.~如有不便之处, 请多多包涵~
Every year after the result of the examinations (SPM/STPM) that "define" a person is out, other than the first few day weeks where papers published news about who or whom had the best result in the country, in the state or in the district (some who are considered silly to me, 21A's<-- for what?), papers in the later few months will be almost certainly be occupied by complaints on failure of "bright" students not getting places or courses they applied for.
I myself had no problem while not getting any place in Matriculation or the more "luxurious" JPA scholarship as I'm certainly not aiming to be a doctor, engineer or any of the professional jobs. But, many people have high hopes on getting those scholarships. We should know that the places are limited for you as many students now are able to get more than 12A's in their SPM, easily. While most of my friends that get more than 12A's do not even bother to complain, why there are still people posting letters and having press conferences to get media attention when they "just" obtain 8 to 9A's in their examination? Because of the hope they will be getting any scholarship?
Face it, 9A's i very common now (maybe due to lower standards, although the Education Ministry will surely deny it). I'm not that proud when i get my 9A's in SPM. I got selected for an interview with JPA, I turned up for it just as a formality that I was selected. High hopes leads to bigger disappointment, but maybe for some people think that with hope, there is a chance.
My parents for example believe in the "hope" stuff. Who will not when money and future is being concern? But I hope the Matriculation appeal result will swing into their favour. If not, they will be certainly an alternative in TARC. Its not as lousy as people presumed it, high failure rate does not equal low quality student. Having spent two years there, I find that the competitiveness among student to obtain good result is high, beyond my expectation at least.
Anyhow, I wish my brother the best luck when the Matriculation appeal result out in the 22th. My wishes are also extended to others who appealed.
无希望所带来的惊喜胜于有希望所带来的失望!
A surprise when there is no hope is better than a disappointment when there is high hope!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEy, wish your bro luck for me, last time i talked to him he told me his 'playing' in form 6 =.="
ReplyDeleteAnyway get nvr get no bigger la, juz focus on what is the next course of action ;)
haloloo.. All the best to your brother~ Just chase after your dream!! Live life to fullest~ ^^
ReplyDeleteHaizz..Either JPA or Matric,wake up!! Here is MALAYsia!!